School Fees for 2020
R600 for deposit and registration fee
R4 000 for a full day, every day (07h00 – 16h00 Due to Covid-19 regulations)
R3 400 for half a day, every day (07h00 – 14h00)
- Holiday club fees
- Art and stationary supplies
The Junior and Toddler Classes can choose a 3-day week option:
R2 600 for a full day, 3 days a week
R2 200 for half a day, 3 days a week
Tiggywinklers has a Junior School and a Senior School.
All new children are developmentally assessed to determine which class they are best suited to.
- Toddlers from 18 months are accepted.
- Children up to 7 years are admitted.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- Christian principles will be applied in the education of your child.
Half-day: 07h00 to 14h00 Mon-Fri
Full-day: 07h00 to 16h00 Mon-Fri
- The school will be closed for the December holidays.
- The school generally follows the school terms and public holidays as stipulated by the Gauteng Education Department.
- We reserve the right to close the school on certain days during the year, depending on circumstances and public holidays.
- No child will be received before 07h00 in the mornings.
- Fines will be levied if the school hours are exceeded.
- Grade R children must be at school by 08h00.
- Any telephone costs or fines incurred due to your exceeding school hours because of negligence on your part will be to your account.
- Please notify the school secretary before 09h00 if your child will be absent for a day/a few days
- ONE MONTH’S WRITTEN NOTICE is required when a child leaves the school.
- December is not accepted as a notice month and is still payable.
- The school must be notified of any unusual circumstances at home that may affect the child’s behaviour.
- If your child is being seen by a behavioural-, physio-, occupational therapist etc, copies of such reports need to be made available to the school for our information.
- The school must be notified of any change of address, telephone numbers, doctors or other relevant personal information.
Arrival at school:
All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- All children must arrive between 07h00 and 08h30.
- Line up outside the school practicing social distancing – follow the markers on the floor (1,5m).
- At the first gate Parents and children’s hands will be sanitized.
- Move to the screening table where a Teacher will ask the Parent questions about their child’s health.
- The child/children’s temperature will be taken and recorded.
- If a Parent answer yes to any of the questions, or if their child’s temperature is higher than 37.8 degrees the child may not enter the school.
- The child/children will now move to the second gate where the Parent will say goodbye. NO PARENTS OR VISITORS ARE ALLOWED INSIDE THE SCHOOL.
- Parents will exit through the car park gate (follow the markers on walls).
- The child/children will be taken into the school by a staff member and escorted to their class.
- The teacher will take the child/children to wash their hands. Their bags, linen and lunchboxes will be sanitized and placed into their lockers.
- Separate letters will be sent to each class outlining procedures in the different classrooms.
- If a child arrived without an adult a Staff member will do a separate screening with the child.
Departure from school
No Parents/Visitors are allowed inside the school (except for essential maintenance staff)
- All parents must wear a mask.
- Parent’s hands will be sanitized at the first gate.
- A staff member will ring the bell to indicate to the staff inside that there is a Parent to fetch their child.
- The child/children’s hands will be washed.
- Lunchboxes, water bottles, linen and bags will be sanitized.
- The child/children will be brought to the Parent at the gate.
- Exit through the car park gate.
Maintenance people/visitors need to make prior arrangements before arriving at school. Upon arrival they will be screened before entering the school. A visitor’s book will be completed. Masks must be worn at all times.
OTHER PERSON FETCHING
- We will not allow your child to go home with any person other than those appointed by you on the registration form.
- You are personally responsible to inform the school ahead of time if someone else has been given permission by you to collect your child.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Should any person be authorised by the parents to fetch their child at school, such authorisation should be given by the parent, either telephonically or in writing.
- Please ring the bell at the gate to gain entrance to the school as the gate is locked for security.
- Do not let your own or other children go in or out without supervision.
- Hold onto your child’s hand in the driveway and on the pavement outside whenever you arrive at or leave the school.
- Please inform the staff immediately of any suspicious persons/cars/ beggars or vagrants outside the school.
- Do not allow any unknown person to enter the premises with you.
- Please be alert to any suspicious activity in the environs of the school and inform the staff.
- As your child’s birthday is a very special occasion, we try to make the day special with a crown and a birthday ring in class.
Evaluations and lessons are provided for those children who require them.
Referrals to an occupational therapist speech and Play therapists can be provided for evaluations and therapy for those children experiencing developmental delays.
Therapy evaluations and lessons are billed separately by the therapists.